Wednesday, October 27, 2010

fall fashion! day three.

Last night was cold and chilly, the perfect sort of evening for a coffee and a cozy chat with my best friend. I love our coffee dates... they're always so refreshing and encouraging. And a coffee date with her on an autumn evening, when one can wear a cute hat and boots while sipping on spiced cider? Well, it just doesn't get much better than that.
Photobucket
A bit of a photo fail. But you get the idea. :)

hat: Marshall's clearance, $2
cardigan: Target, $12
striped t-shirt: GAP, $14
cable-knit sweater skirt: Target clearance, $4
leggings: Ross Dress for Less, $5
boots: Marshall's clearance, $30

I would just like to take a moment and talk about my boots. I love my boots. For quite some time I had been searching for the perfect boot; something classy and cute, brown, comfortable, and flat on the bottom so I could wear them all day long quite easily if I wanted to. Then, one day, I stumbled across these at Marshall's on clearance. Perfection! It was as if I and the boots were made for each other. I knew they were a good deal, because they were originally $80 there at Marshall's, and the tag on the inside said they were real Italian leather. Into my cart they went. When I got home, just out of curiousity, I looked up the brand online since I'd never heard of it: Migliorini. Imagine my surprise when the exact pair of boots I had just bought popped up on eBay-- selling for $150. And then I found a brand-new pair at some other site selling for close to $300. And I got them for $30?!? To this day I'm still not sure why they were so cheap. I felt I had conquered and won that day, like victory was mine. And my boots and I have been BFF's ever since.
Photobucket
This is not a  great picture of them... but they really are lovely. These boots of mine once held up a security line at LAX airport because the lady running the scanner wouldn't give them back to me, she was so intent on admiring them and writing down the brand name so she could buy herself a pair. True story! hehe.

Also, how cute is the detailing on this shirt? This is one of my favorite shirts ever. Thank you, GAP.
Photobucket

day 3 link list. So much gorgeousness, so much great fashion, so much fun! Go have a look. :)

18 comments:

molly june. said...

i just LOVE fashion week with ya'll :) makes my heart so happy to see what everyone is wearing. & YOU. oh, you. you are just cute as ever. love those boots. & that shirt. & that hat. & all the outfits down below this. makes me wanna participate next time. get outta my sweatpants. it's time :) LOVE YOU! thanks for all you said on my blog. you mean the world to me. & i took in every single word. xo.

Ashlei Paige said...

GAP. Win. Nuff Said.

KillerB said...

Agreed: Those are some pretty spectacular boots.

I think that my favorite part of Fall fashion is boots... :)

Stacie said...

Love these posts my dear, you are fabulous!

Jerusha Abigail said...

You are cute cute cute! And i so remember those boots. They were(and are) so lovely! you're gorgeous, seester!

Unknown said...

LOVE the detail on your shirt! And those boots are amazing, what a great deal, Marshall's is the best!

Olivia said...

WOW! To those boots. Great outfit; you look very cute!

Em-Jae said...

What great finds! That little shirt detail is very sweet :]

E said...

I love the details of your outfit: the buttons on the boots, the embellishment on the shirt, the color of your hat.

katie said...

good boots are indeed wonderful. i have a friend who scored a similarly awesome pair on the cheap. =) you look so adorable and french! the stripes, the red slouchy beret...tres mignonne, mon amie!

sandy said...

Those are the cutest boots ever-such a great find!!

Charlotte said...

I am katie's friend (commenter #10) the one with the cheap boots, and I am going to ditto her comment, especially the french part. ooh la la!

Molly Page said...

Your boots, your hat, the detailing on that top. You're too stylish for words.

And the fact that those boots were such a steal... totally impressive.

Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

Katy said...

such great detail! very cute outfit!

D Dierks said...

Great outfit full of the classics! So cute on you. I'm new here so I gotta say I love that pic of you and the three lil ones in your sidebar!
Bejeweled Wednesdays@jewelscapes.blogspot

Rachael said...

Not a photo fail at all!
This outfit is great. Especially the boots. And the hat. And the shirt detailing. Oh, did I just list everything about your outfit? My bad. i should have just said especially the WHOLE thing.

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

This outfit is spectacular! I love the shoes, the shirt, the everything! You look so cute!
♥/Bevin @ All is Bright

Erin Alaska said...

loving that top!
:)