Monday, November 12, 2007

It sparkles.

Yesterday, it rained and was cloudy all day long. I LOVED it. We came home from church, I put on my "cozies" (sweatshirt and lounge pants), made hot cocoa, and sat on the couch with my hubby, until I just got so darn comfortable and cozy that I couldn't help but fall asleep. It was the perfect, relaxing, stay-inside-and-revel-in-the-time-of-year day.

Today, I woke up to sunshine streaming in through our bedroom window. I went into the kitchen and pulled up the shade on the window that looks out to our front yard... and I was dazzled. Everything looked so bright, so clean, so fresh, so crisp. The green, green winter rye grass on our front lawn; the cars parked in the street; the streets themselves, still wet from the recent rain; the yellow flowers blooming in my beds; and the cloudless, brilliant blue sky that looked as freshly washed and clean as a brand-new bedsheet.

The world sparkled this morning.

Maybe that is one reason I love rainy days so much (besides the fact that I simply love rain and clouds). Everything is clean and fresh after the rain, newly beautiful. Rainy, gray days make the day after, when the earth is awash in blue skies and sunshine again, that much more beautiful and bright.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments: