Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I think I'm a morning person

This morning, I got up at 5:45 so I could be ready for a bike ride with my best exercise buddy at 6:00. In case you don't know, this is very early for me. Lately, with everything that's been going on and not going to bed very early, I have not been getting up until the kids do, which is anywhere from 7:00 to 8:00.
But this morning-- oh, it was wonderful. Once I got past my initial reaction of "oh dear, is that the alarm already?" it was postively great to be up. Life is lovely in the morning. I stepped outside and the sun was coming over the rooftops of our neighborhood, green lawns were filled with the cool mists of sprinklers, there was a gentle morning breeze, and it was COOL. Bakersfield may get baking hot during the day, but God gave us pleasant mornings and evenings to get us through. :)
Jessica and I rode through the beautiful landscaped streets surrounding Seven Oaks and enjoyed looking at the incredibly gorgeous houses, while at the same time being thankful that our houses are nowhere near that large. It was just starting to get a little warm as we headed back home, so it was perfect. And when I got home, I was able to come into my house and greet my hubby good morning, have a nice little breakfast and do my morning devotions all before the kids awoke. Yes, I could definitely get used to this. As long as I go to bed before midnight. :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is very cute with the pink and the gerber daisey. I like it. Now we're blogger friends!

Jason said...

Hi Talia! Just your friendly Scot/American stalker. = ) Love your blog. And it's so funny- I did the same thing on Wed morning- except walking. Ohhhhh it felt good, I agree. Love your blogs

Lisa said...

I took a cue from your early morning. I've decided I want to train for a half marathon (13.1 miles). So yesterday I left the house at 5:30 a.m. for a walk and didn't get back till 8:30 a.m. It was really great and refreshing. I think I over did it just a little, but I would do it again definitely. I'm not too sore actually. Oddly enough it's mostly my feet and my back that hurt and not my leg muscles.