Tuesday, February 1, 2011

There's a band in our garage...

... and they rock.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They rock HARD.
I like to say that they are the bestest band ever.
However, I might, perhaps, be slightly biased.


This is Ryan. He plays the piano and sings. I could listen to him play all day long... he's amazing. (He's also Emma's piano teacher, and does a marvelous job at that too)
Photobucket

This is Luke... he plays the rhythm guitar and is one of the newer members of the band. He's also our brother-in-law! I was thrilled when he joined the band, because it meant Jessica (his wife, Jeremy's sister, my best friend) and I get to be "band wives" together.
Photobucket

This is Zack, or Zachary, as I like to call him. He plays lead guitar, and sounds like Jason Mraz when he sings. Sometimes he sits on our couch and just plays and sings, and I love it.
Photobucket

This is Jake. He plays the bass guitar, which came about when the band needed a bassist, and they asked him if he wanted to do it, since he was already here hanging out every week anyway. He said yes, even though he didn't really know how, and learned how to play it in no time at all. Quite impressive. He's also dating my sister, which makes me very happy. Hooray. *big smile*
Photobucket

This is Jeremy, whom you all know as My Husband. I also like to refer to him as A Major Hottie...especially when he plays those drums. He's so good at it, so passionate about it, and I love to watch him play.
Photobucket

One day while they were practicing, I went out and took some random photos of them. I'm certainly no photographer, but I really had fun snapping away while I listened to them play.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
guitars are so pretty!
Photobucket
Photobucket
so are piano keys.
Photobucket
Photobucket
"TOO MUCH METAL FOR ONE HAND!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, these guys.
Photobucket
They're not just a talented group of musicians who happen to make music in our garage.
Photobucket
They're men who have a passion for the Lord, who love to praise Him, who use their gifts for Him. They've become friends with whom we love to spend our time...laughing (a lot) and talking, encouraging each other, and sharing in each other's lives. I refer to them fondly as "my boys". I'm not actually sure if they even know that, but it's how I've come to think of them as time goes on.
Photobucket

They're family.
And I'm so glad they're here each week to jam in our garage, fill our house with music, eat my cookies, make us laugh, and just be a part of our lives.

Rock on, guys. Rock on. :)

(you can find them online here, if you're curious and you'd like to know a little more about them as a band. Or, you can like The Damascus Project on facebook!)

6 comments:

kimberlea faye said...

What a good looking band you've got there. :)

Misty said...

i LOVE this! You are living the life with a garage band! I'm a little jealous, but don't tell my husband... he'll totally want to invest in a drumset and expect the rest will fall in to place!

Lauryn said...

How fun! Great photos Talia!

thatmom said...

And when they are ready to cut an album, let me know. I have inside connections to a great guy in Nashville!

http://musicviewonline.com/blog/2011/01/engineer-ben-campbell-fine-tunes-nashville/

He'd probably be willing to travel and I am sure the Bakersfield Campbells would let him sleep on their couch! :)

Tristan said...

how fun!

Lydia said...

I love this post!!
I love our band. Yes OUR band. haha they're our boys.
They truly are amazingly talented. Also they're just such an amazing group of people. I love being around them and hearing them play. I can't wait for band nights again!
Keep rockin' guys!!

p.s. I'm pretty happy that I'm dating one of them too. ;)