Friday, October 12, 2007

the delights of autumn

~Opening up my windows and feeling the fall breezes blowing through my house

~Lighting my cinnamon-bun candle and having everything smell like spicy fall goodness

~Picnics and walks in the park with Emma, Annabelle, and Jessica

~Stepping outside to be greeted by the smell of someone's wood-burning fire

~Drinking a hot cup of pumpkin spice or pomegranate green tea with my breakfast in the chilly morning

~The fall wreath hanging on my front door

~Pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks-- mmmm

~Wearing long-sleeved shirts or sometimes even jackets again

~Knowing that the holiday season is just around the corner

~Baking. Oh, cinnamon biscotti, pumpkin streusel bread, apple cake and pie, snickerdoodles, cranberry nutmeg scones...

~The Peddler's Antique fair at the Kern County Museum-- could they have picked a better time of year to have it? I think not.

~Pumpkins. And pumpkin patches!

~Making popcorn balls and caramel apples with the family

~The occasional cloudy day

~Putting my girls in cozy PJ's for bed

~Cooking (and eating!) soups

... And the list could probably go on. Mmm, I love everything about fall. Praise the Lord for fall-- it's so wonderfully, deliciously, beautifully enjoyable.

What are a few of your favorite fall things??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mmm... Fall is my favorite too and now I am hungry with all your talk of baking and soups.